More information coming soon!One study released their State of Pet Health 2012 Report, and the news isn't good. In fact, it's extremely troubling. Chronic diseases in cats and dogs have risen dramatically over the last five years.
The report is a compilation of medical data from about 2 million dogs and over 400,000 cats that visited a Banfield hospital in 2011. Some of the disturbing findings:
- Overweight and obesity increased in dogs by 37 percent, and in cats by a stunning 90 percent
- Arthritis increased 38 percent in dogs and 67 percent in cats
- Almost half of arthritic dogs and more than a third of arthritic cats are also overweight. Arthritis was the most common obesity-related disease in dogs in 2015, according to pet insurance provider Nationwide.2
- Nearly half of diabetic dogs and cats are overweight
- Forty percent of dogs with hypertension and 60 percent with hypothyroidism are overweight
In this class you will gain the tools you need to decrease your pet's weight slowly and effectively!